Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Do something awesome & be nice to people.

I haven't blogged in a while, and I'm okay with that.

Sometimes I wonder what my loving, wisdom-imparting, encouraging Dad phrase will be when I say goodbye to my kids at the beginning of the day, or when they go out at night, or whenever we part ways.

Some parents say "Remember who you are!"

Some simply say "Be good" or "I love you."

Jaime had a friend growing up whose dad used to say "No touching each other's privates or poking each other in the eye with sticks."

I just found myself saying to Jaime as she walked out the door to some event: "Do something awesome and be nice to people." Which could be understood as one thing (Being nice to people = doing something awesome), but I mean it as two different admonitions. 

Maybe that'll be my phrase.

We'll see if this evolves.

In the meantime, do something awesome & be nice to people.

The ampersand helps.

Posted via email from eric forsyth's posting place

No comments: