Monday, November 2, 2009

My plan

I plan on dying on my 94th birthday. This will be 20 days after the Tricentennial of July 4th, 1776. To be around and cognizant of that celebration, and to see what America and the world is like in 2076 has got to be fascinating for a 94 year old man. I just hope it's not incredibly depressing to view the state of the world on that occasion. I also hope I'm not out of my gourd or completely blind or something. Also, dying on my birthday may help ensure that I'm surrounded by some family. You know, so we can all say "what's up" and "see you later" and bump fists with my great-grandkids one last time before I give up the ghost.

Jaime's allowed to kick it anytime after July 24th, 2076. Just not before then. Maybe she'll exit on her birthday a couple months later, if she wants. That way she can get a cat in the interim and enjoy that for a bit. But again, not before July 24, 2076. Not on her life. Pun intended.

Just thought I'd let you know that's my plan, so when it happens I can nonchalantly say I told ya so. For all you who will be around, see you then.

Posted via email from ericforsyth's posterous

No comments: