Monday, February 22, 2010

Why I do what I do.

Leo Burnett was and is an advertising legend. This speach sums up why I do what I do, and why I want to do it better. The same principles therein can be applied towards my music, which helps me get along with the sometimes frictional duality of my life. Either way, I want my name on the door, whether figuratively or literally, I don't care. You get it. Please watch, enjoy, and see how it applies to you.
</object>
If you get the end and wonder what's with the "apple" reference, here's the back story: The apple is especially meaningful for the Burnett agency. Leo Burnett, the founder, was the originator of a school of advertising that moved away from wordy ads that compared products’ features and toward corporate symbol that brought out the “inherent drama” of a product. The apple tree was his own version of this. Naysayers told him that he’d soon be out of business and selling apples in the street so he instituted a tradition of having fresh apples on every desk. So I guess you could say that the marketing of so many modern products (including Apple) have Burnett to thank.

Posted via email from ericforsyth's posterous

No comments: