Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Himay Homemaker

1) With the help of my lovely sister Molly, I started a garden! The first time I tried, nothing grew due to a lack of water. But round 2, and I have my itty bitty vegetable garden. I am growing (from left to right) cucumbers, zucchini, tomatoes, and bell peppers. It will soon be time to move them outside to bigger and better pots, and in just a few months, we'll be adding those fresh vegetables to almost all our meals!
2) As you know, two Sundays ago was Easter. Cousin Matt came up from Denver to have dinner with us. We had the traditional Easter meal of homemade tacos, but what really topped it off was DESSERT! I got Debbie Weight's angel food cake recipe and made a delicious treat. I know what you're thinking, "Isn't angel food cake supposed to be...taller?" Well, yes it is, but I didn't have time to bake it before we went to church, so it had to sit a while and therefore deflate before baking. Nevertheless, it was delicioso! I put some cool whip/pudding mixture on top and added some strawberriea and blueberries. This one is one for the recipe book.
and 3) Eric works really hard and always has something on his mind. So when bed time comes around Eric's is usually a bit later than mine. So of course, he loves his Saturdays. However, trying to sleep when a lot of light coming through your window is like trying to relax when getting your wisdom teeth pulled (post to come). Now curtains, as well as nice thick fabric, can be expensive - BUT I was in Hobby Lobby this weekend and found some amazing upholstery fabric marked down from $14.99 to $4 a yard, that just happened to match out bed spread. Last night was the first night we got to use them. This morning when Eric got up for work, I was wondering why he got up so early, then I realized it was 8:20 and smiled. Good Job Jaime.

Disregard the clothes by the curtain, it will be cleaned up today.

2 comments:

Robin said...

I didn't know Matt was there for Easter! Way cool. and yummy cake and tacos rock anytime!

Robin said...

Great Curtains ... if I wasn't your mom, then I would comment on the big, huge pile of laundry.