Monday, May 19, 2008

Never Knew and forthcoming EP

I'm sitting here, pretty excited and I had to share it. As I type, a song I wrote over 2 years ago is getting a make-over. Never Knew is my only tune I didn't record myself with my shabby set up out of my closet. The talented Ken Dudley helped me track and mix that song from start to finish in a couple hours. We used at least one mic that had previously recorded Aerosmith tunes and now they were filtering my musical musings.

As I sit in Boulder, CO the very talented Amber Lynn is in Dudley's Idaho Falls studio recording her pipes over mine. It's a little scary, not being there, not being able to provide feedback and ideas, but something insde of me is comforted. Both Amber and Dudley are super talented in their own rights and I'm stoked to hear the result. Never Knew should be a better tune tomorrow than it was last night. It's an expiriment, and I'm the mad scientist, only i'm not even in the lab. The lab's in another state.

If you haven't heard Amber's music, click here. She's got some great stuff of her own, but I'm especially partial to her cover of Ernie Halter's Whisper. If you like what you hear, buy a CD.

Tonight's little project on Never Knew is just one step along the hurried process of getting my EP done in time for my show on June 14th. All the songs are being mastered later this week and the talented Eric Fowles of Voltage Design in Louisville, CO is working on my album art. I'll be sending all the music and album art into the ether by the end of the week and I'll get a bunch of beautiful CDs back a couple weeks later, just in time (I hope) for my show with Ryan Shupe & the Rubberband in Denver.

Here's to the process. If you're reading this Monday night, May 19th, mumble a prayer to the dubbing gods for Amber and Ken. If you're reading this after June 14th, say a prayer for me in the form of buying a CD.

Oh, and keep checking back to my music website for more updates on the forthcoming EP. (Title TBA. I know! I can't wait either.)

No comments: