Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Commonly confused words


My mom, who I consider a vocab queen, has rubbed off on me. I'm noticing that people are using words in ways that don't fit their actual meaning. I'm not just talking about the abuse of the words "literally" and "unique" (when "literally unique" is abused, that's the best*), but those are good stereotypical examples of the problem.

Find out if you've been incorrectly understanding any of these other commonly confused words.

(Click for a larger view)

*denotes sarcasm

Posted via email from eric forsyth's posting place

2 comments:

Liz said...

Ahhh... I would be the first to comment on this. Wouldn't it be great if everyone printed this out and put it on their mirror, or office desk, for review?

Also, I really enjoy the "*" sarcasm alert. Thank you, Jaime (I think).

eric said...

ha. cute that you think Jaime even blogs on this anymore. I encourage it, but she's only a rare guest-blogger these days.
-eric