Saturday, June 30, 2012

Who wants to go halfsies on a Westy?

This Westy ('93 VW Eurovan MV Westfalia Weekender) is sitting in a driveway just a short walk from my house. If it is in good condition and drives well, that seems like a great price compared to the listings I've seen online, but I'd try to get him down to $8.5k.

It occurred to me that car sharing is a really good idea for this type of car. As an RV it won't be needed everyday, or even every week, but is still small enough to shuttle the family around town as needed. So going halfsies on a car like this would be fun. I'm not sure how the titling works in that case, but it sure makes it a cheap buy (half the price, all the benefits).

Here are some pictures from when Jaime and I rented an even older, manual version of these pop-tops and had the vacation of a lifetime driving around Maui in 2009. Just imagine having one in beautiful Colorado. Drooling yet?

No comments: