Monday, November 1, 2010

I hate painting, but I love my wife

This was my belated anniversary gift to Jaime. It may look simple, but it took me way too long 'cause I'm a really lousy painter. Back in school , I had to take a Design & Color class primarily with acrylic paints, as part of my Graphic Design minor. It was the first time I'd ever tried to use a paintbrush as a tool for art or design. It felt like trying to speak a very foreign language.

Anyway, the words are a mash-up of two Ray Lamontagne songs we like. "Shelter" was our wedding song, and "Jolene" has the line:

A man needs something he can hold on to
a nine-pound hammer or a woman like you
either one of them things will do

Every now and then I feel like I need a nine-pound hammer, but then I wake up and realize I have Jaime. She's much better (for me).

Posted via email from eric forsyth's posting place

1 comment:

Sarah Stout said...

Looks pretty freakin' awesome. Nicely done.