Thursday, November 10, 2011

Health - Thanksgiving, part 1

I have friends and family that aren't healthy and suffer through some serious physical challenges. Having just completed a full physical with blood and urine analysis, I feel humbled and very grateful to be really healthy. It's probably a good idea to dwell on this gratitude while one is healthy. I thought I'd record it here on my blog to make sure I never caught myself saying "You don't appreciate what you have until it's gone." I think I'll take a hike this afternoon with Annie. If/when I get sick one day, I'll look back and be able to say "I used my healthy days well."

I have daily allergies and my vision isn't perfect, but that's about it. It makes me want to reach out and be whatever kind of support I can to my friends and family that are going through tough illnesses, cancer, chronic pain, etc.

No comments: